Life in March

Above is an excerpt from the latest page I inked. I hope this shows that I moving on with the book.
2008 is just moving man!
It's all been pretty good so far though. I'm finally getting a good roll on with the comic stuff again. The last month or so has been insane. I've been taking a night class here in town for screen printing. Which has been great. I had a rough idea on the whole process. As I did do it about 10 years ago, but mainly the course has taught me about all the subtleties involved. It's been really good. Hopefully this experience will allow me to get some good results, and some new art work which I'll be able to sell on at shows or whatever.
Speaking of shows. Armageddon Wellington and Christchurch are both coming up really fast. Unfortunately this year I won't be making either like I was intending to. The reason is good though. I'm getting married to my lovely partner. I'll be thinking of you all though, and make sure if you are in one of those two cities, that you go down. Enjoy the show. Maybe throw a little love the way of the other NZ comic creators who will be there.
I'll be looking at the Auckland show for my next appearance. I'm aiming to have the comic done by then, and I think I am on track to get it done too.

Henry Rollins is coming. This guy is funny, smart and entertaining. I am so looking forward to seeing another talk by Mr Rollins. He is a good speaker, his delivery is so enthusiastic and his knowledge about music is amazing. I saw him a couple of years ago when he was at the Big Day Out festival, but it wasn't nearly enough, by the time his set was up, you'd really only just begun to settle into the proceedings. A proper headline show is long overdue. Excited about that.
I have a few more things on the go too, but I'll blog about them down the track.
Hope the year is treating you well too.
Marc
www.amacomics.blogspot.com
Labels: 2008, ActionMan Adam, Adam, AMA, April, Armageddon Expo, Art, Auckland, Canada, Christchurch, Dance Dance, Henry Rollins, March, New Zealand, Wellington
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home