It's been too long
2007 is quickly rolling to an end. I haven't posted in a while. Lazy bugger? No not quite. I've had the same productivity as always. In fact I had a couple of deadlines to meet which prevented me to getting around to posting here. I have a few more art ideas up my sleeve that I want to bust out. Time is always my enemy. I'm loving experimentation though. Trying different things to create new results (for me) has been exciting.
Below is a commission piece I did for www.mrvintage.co.nz . They wanted something to stick up around the place, to help push through their awareness before Christmas was upon us. I started out with a fairly basic brief. Thinking black and white might be the way to roll to make the flyer cheaper, but they wanted colour to give it pop. Colouring is still something I play with, as opposed to confidently do. I enjoy it, but I guess I'm not technically accurate in terms of colouring with consideration to light source and all that. When I throw colour down, I just want it to look fun and bright, and hopefully work not only as a drawing, but as an advertisement.
Black n white
Colours

Finally. This is a stencil piece I was playing with to show a friend of mine. I'll send him the result after Christmas. We're looking at collaborating together. This was not a perfect result. It gives you the general idea of where I was going though. Unfortunately the photo does not do it justice. I shot it at night time in poor lighting. The colours are bright neon. If you can imagine.
Hope everything is sweet where ever you are. If I don't get a post in before hand. Have an awesome holiday season.
Marc
www.amacomics.blogspot.com
Below is a commission piece I did for www.mrvintage.co.nz . They wanted something to stick up around the place, to help push through their awareness before Christmas was upon us. I started out with a fairly basic brief. Thinking black and white might be the way to roll to make the flyer cheaper, but they wanted colour to give it pop. Colouring is still something I play with, as opposed to confidently do. I enjoy it, but I guess I'm not technically accurate in terms of colouring with consideration to light source and all that. When I throw colour down, I just want it to look fun and bright, and hopefully work not only as a drawing, but as an advertisement.
Finally. This is a stencil piece I was playing with to show a friend of mine. I'll send him the result after Christmas. We're looking at collaborating together. This was not a perfect result. It gives you the general idea of where I was going though. Unfortunately the photo does not do it justice. I shot it at night time in poor lighting. The colours are bright neon. If you can imagine.
Hope everything is sweet where ever you are. If I don't get a post in before hand. Have an awesome holiday season.
Marc
www.amacomics.blogspot.com
Labels: Art, Auckland, Colour, December, Flyer, Illustration, New Zealand, Stencil
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home